FRP tanks are very popular in the water treatment industry. Although FRP tanks have high hardness and strong anti-corrosion ability, during the use process, other reasons will inevitably lead to the rupture of FRP tanks and water seepage.
How to deal with the damaged glass fiber reinforced plastic tank? I believe that many people think of repairing. The following will introduce the steps of adhesive repairing.
1. Cleaning: Disassemble the damaged FRP tank, clean it and dry it, and prepare for repair.
2. Cutting: Cut an appropriately large glass fiber cloth according to the size of the damaged part, bake it to remove wax, and heat it until there is no smoke. Be careful not to fold it.
3. Compounding glue: There are many formulas for glue solution. Prepare the required materials in advance, mix the glue material in a certain proportion, put it in the container, stir it thoroughly with a stick, and the viscosity is generally better to lift the stick without drawing it. , Note that according to the principle of rather less than more, do not mix too much at one time, it is better to use up just enough, and secondly, if the mixing is not uniform, the prepared glue will solidify on its own after a period of time, resulting in waste.
4. Gluing: first use a hard brush to brush a layer of glue on the inner surface of the glass fiber reinforced plastic tank, then stick the prepared glass cloth on the glue surface, and gently tap to make it close to let the glue penetrate the glass Cloth; after the first layer penetrates well, apply the second layer of glue, and paste the second layer of glass cloth. . Repeat this cycle, just apply a few layers, be careful not to make it too thick when painting.
5. Curing: After coating, find a place with a higher temperature and let it cure naturally. Although it takes a long time, it must not be baked with an open flame.
After the FRP tank is naturally cured, the edges and corners, openings, painting, etc. are polished. In this way, the repair work of the FRP tank is completed. The repair of FRP tanks seems simple, but the actual operation is complicated, the repair is difficult, time-consuming, and the repair cost is high. Therefore, if the FRP tank is found to be damaged, which affects the normal work, you can directly replace the new FRP tank.